Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacemenrt Sim

Was asked to replace Sim Did so but now my phone states "Not registered on Network" I've tried to call virgin media but call centres closed and everytime I  try help pages it just won't connect to page What is happening with Virgin media?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacemenrt Sim

Did the paperwork have instructions on how to Swap?

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/mobile/sim-help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes. It asked me to txt switch to virgin when ready to switch. I did this but reply came back"oops looks like you don't need a switch day" So I put in new sim. It came up on my phone asking for an unlock code which I couldn't understand as I have a phone from virgin (A Samsung A3) It is quite old but I didn't think I needed a code. I can't get help online or via phone as all closed due to covid When I try to go to online help page and click links it just says page not available.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Where did you get your phone from originally?

An A3 is an Android phone so can be unlocked from the EE network, but that needs to come from the network it was purchased from.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get through on phone by choosing virgin media (option 1) rather than virgin mobile (option two). Then choose option 4 "thinking of leaving" just to talk to someone. This seemed to work Was then transferred to UK phone call centre who hopefully have fixed problem but thanks for your prompt reply.
0 Kudos