Menu
DemiieLee
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Renewed phone contract extra payments being taken

I recieved a phone call from you in October, when my first contract ended, to renew my contract. I was told my new contract altogether would be £14 per month which included £6 insurance aswell. However in November I was charged £6 insurance early in the month then on the 28th I was charged £6 which is labelled as 'virgin mobile and £8 which said 'initial payment' then the same charges again in December. My insurance has just came out again today and I was just wondering if someone could look into what the extra payment is as I don't understand what it is for or why it is being taken from my account.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renewed phone contract extra payments being taken

I'm guessing 

One payment for the airtime contract 

One payment for the phone loan

One payment for insurance 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DemiieLee
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

But I never had that with my original phone contract, my original one was one payment of £18 for my contract and one payment of £8 for insurance, I needed a lower rate when I renewed and I was told on the phone that it was £14 per month including insurance and one of the payments is named initial payment so I don't understand why its 3 separate payments still.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Looks like you are on a Freestyle Tariff where phone and airtime are separate. Probably you have come off a classic tariff where that was not the case. £6 and £8 would give you the £14. 

I can't see a £14 tariff included insurance.

You need to go into your online account and check. Then ring 789 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DemiieLee
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The only thing it tells me on my account is £6 tariff and £6 insurance, then it says total monthly cost £12. I've been paying £20 since November.

0 Kudos
DemiieLee
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have took a screenshot of my account but it won't let me upload it into this query but it literally only says £6 tariff and £6 insurance then total monthly cost £12. I was told on the phone that it would be £14 all together but its actually showing up as £12 and my last contract i also had a phone with it and was not charged 3 separate payments. I would just like to know why this is happening as I wanted a cheaper contract than the one I was on, I was told this was the case and now I'm paying more without fully understanding why or what for and being wrongly informed over the phone.

0 Kudos