Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remove parental controls

Hi, 

I cannot access anything deemed mature (specifically National Lottery and betting websites) while on mobile data. 

I've been online to try and disable the parental controls, but get an error message. I phoned Virgin to ask them to do it, but apparently there is an Experian block on my account. Experian haven't been too helpful, and I've still had no success. 

It's a little bit annoying if I'm honest (being 33), and having to wait to do anything until I'm on a WiFi network. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove parental controls

Hey Skolia, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm sorry that you're having some trouble removing parental controls from your mobile account, this ins't what we like to hear. 

When we remove the content control bar we do have to check with Equifax that your date of birth is right, as long as it is then the bar would be removed. 

I'd love to take a look into this for you so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take it from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Remove parental controls

Hi, wondering if anyone could help me. Im 21, my parents still pay my contract. Is there any way i can disable parental gudiemce? with a passport number?  It used tqo let you do it online but it doesn't anymore.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remove parental controls

Hi Samdean15,

If you can get the account holder to contact us, we can assist further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos