Menu
Iqra786
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Registering virgin mobile

Hey so recently I brought a virgin sim but what I want to do is keep my number but switch it to virgin (I do know how to switch) however its asking me to register so when I try registering it asks for a mothers maiden name now the problem is when I purchased the sim it was online and no name was set up so?? Anyways it then kept saying forgot then call 789 which I did 3 times and they disconnected the call all 3 times and received no help! The fact it's my first time and it's not really hard but when registering its complicated help please!

Thank you

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Registering virgin mobile

Hi Iqra786,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums sorry to hear that you have been having issues registering. The password it's asking for is the one your provided when you set up the account when you purchased the SIM. If you do not know this, I've sent you a PM to get your mobile account details.

Cheers,

Corey 

0 Kudos
Strace88
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue but I got sent the SIM as part of a package so I never set up a password

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Strace88, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with registering your account. 

Can you please expand on what happens when you attempt to register? Do you get an error message at all?

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Strace88
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me.

no error messages nothing at all just no data connection.

as this was a free sim I never set anything up such as passwords or any account info.

I also never received a set up text message for the SIM card, was I supposed to?

0 Kudos
Natalie_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Strace88.

Has the SIM been activated since you have received it? Are you able to make/receive calls and texts?

Nat
0 Kudos
Strace88
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yea calls and texts works fine and when I connect to wifi everything works as expected 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

HI Strace88, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the data connection, does the data work in another handset? Have you now managed to register for the online account? Chris

0 Kudos