cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing Sim Data

markmonks
Joining in

I moved to Virgin Mobile a couple of months ago. I live in a good coverage area but have never got more than 1-2 bars indoors with any network - I chose Virgin because they support wifi calling which I had been using previously with o2 as a way to mitigate the horrible signal.

However, whenever I look at my phone it is disconnected from the network displaying either 'Refreshing Sim Data' or Emergency calls only. Assuming it was the poor signal causing the phone to lose connection to the network, I switched to 2G only mode which gets me up to 3 bars indoors (but for some reason disables the WiFi calling option) but still it will go from 3 bars to 'emergency calls only' and then 'refreshing sim data'.

Is my SIM the issue here? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @markmonks, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the "Refreshing SIM Data" message appearing on your handset.

Can you please confirm if the SIM card has been used in a different handset to see if the same error message populates?

Does this happen when you're at home only, or does it happen in multiple locations?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @markmonks, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the "Refreshing SIM Data" message appearing on your handset.

Can you please confirm if the SIM card has been used in a different handset to see if the same error message populates?

Does this happen when you're at home only, or does it happen in multiple locations?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, thanks for your help. I tried a different handset and got no error messages so I swapped back to my current phone and got the messages again. Since testing my sim in the other handset, I noticed I had an android update pending so I let that install and so far I haven't had a single error. I'm hoping that is the problem solved as the messages were every few minutes and I've been most of the day now without any.

Hi markmonks

Thanks for coming back to the thread and letting us know what's happened.

I was glad to read a software / firmware upgrade has sorted this. Please do pop back should you ever need anything.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill