Menu
Lees1991
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refreshing Sim Data

Hi,

I bought a new S20 a few months ago and fitted my old Sim card into it. I have always got this message appear "refreshing SIM data" a couple of times a week, it was a bit of a nuisance but I wasn't that fussed about it.

However now it happens at least 10 times a day. I've tried resetting my network as suggested in other posts. I wonder whether there is an issue with my SIM card as its around 7 years old and was in my old phone when that went for a swim and died 😳

I also live in an area where sometimes I lose signal and this error seems to always pop up when that happens.

Any help would be appreciated as its really annoying me now.

Best wishes,

Lee

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refreshing Sim Data

Please post in the mobile forum. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

One thing for certain is you should not have a 7 year old SIM. All SIM cards should now be post Dec 2017. There has been a massive SIM replacement program. Check if there is a purple band on the SIM. If not you need a replacement 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lees1991
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry my mistake, I have moved this to the mobile forum.

My SIM card does have a purple band. Must have been sent a new one and forgot about it. Thanks.

0 Kudos