Menu
Leaky
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Refreshing SIM data

I received a 5G SIM in Feb 2021 and constantly receive a message saying "refreshing SIM data" I have replaced the SIM and tried the resolutions posted on here but it still hasn't resolved the issue. Has anyone fixed the problem?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refreshing SIM data

Hi Leaky, thanks for yous post.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem. May I ask where the message pops up, is it a text message or one from your device? 

I understand that a replacement SIM hasn't resolved the issue - what other steps have you taken so far - have you been able to test the SIM in another handset to see if the problem still occurs? 

Tom

0 Kudos
Leaky
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, I tried everything listed on this forum but still failed. Spend 2hrs 50 on the chat now sorted thanks.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leaky, 

Thanks for your reply, sorry to hear the troubleshooting didn't help

Glad to hear our chat team got this sorted for you 

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos
Leaky
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie,

The disappointing part is it took 2 hrs 50 to go through what I had already done and explained at the beginning to the be asked to do something else at the end which sorted it. It should have take 10 minutes max. Even the info provided (settings) to resolve the issue weren't correct but i sussed out the incorrect one.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Any chance of letting us know the fix. There is another thread going round in circles about this problem

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leaky,

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with that - if you'd like us to raise a complaint for you, just let us know and we can one raised on your behalf for you.

Kind regards,

Beth 

Beth
0 Kudos
Madog64
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I now have exactly the same issue, since I inserted my shiny new 5g sim. No problems before, but now battery life is zero, connection is next to non-existent and the constant annoyance of refreshing sim data

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Madog64

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your mobile but I am more than happy to help you. 

Just a couple of questions, has your battery drained since putting the SIM in? 

What happens when you try to connect? Does it kick you off the connection? 

May sound obvious, but have you rebooted your phone and has this made a difference at all? 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Madog64
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have spent hours on chat to virgin today when the network allowed, and the current state of my phone is that nothing is working. No connections to anything. I was originally told this morning that everything was perfect from virgin's side only to be told this afternoon that my SIM had not been activated. A new SIM is being sent to me, and I have no idea when or how my phone is going to behave until the next shiny new SIM arrives. I guess we'll have to wit and see.

The battery actually drained while it was plugged into a charger, but has been OK for the last couple of days. The phone has been rebooted countless times. The phone will connect, but then disconnect and then reconnect and then disconnect, more off than on at the moment, and then when it is on it seems to be "Refreshing SIM data". My old SIM worked perfectly, this new 5G version has been nothing but trouble. And I live in an area where you can't even get 4G, so what use 5G is to me I do not know.

0 Kudos