Menu
Lees1991
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refreshing SIM data

Hi,

I bought a new S20 a few months ago and fitted my old Sim card into it. I have always got this message appear "refreshing SIM data" a couple of times a week, it was a bit of a nuisance but I wasn't that fussed about it.

However now it happens at least 10 times a day. I've tried resetting my network as suggested in other posts. I wonder whether there is an issue with my SIM card as it was in my old phone when that went for a swim and died 😳

I also live in an area where sometimes I lose signal and this error seems to always pop up when that happens.

Any help would be appreciated as its really annoying me now.

Best wishes,

Lee

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refreshing SIM data

Hi there @Lees1991 

Thanks for your post. Apologies for the delay in response and to hear you've been having issues with your SIM. IT does sound like you may need a new SIM, especially if it did go for a little swim! 

I'll pop you a private message now and we can get this sorted. 

Thanks. 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hollie_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refreshing SIM data

That's great, thank you for confirming the details @Lees1991 

I have now ordered a new SIM - this will be sent to the address that we have on the account for you and will be with you within the next 3-5 days, what with it being Christmas it may take a little longer than our usual next day. Please make sure to take a look at the instructions with the SIM as it may be different activation to what you've done previously. 

If you need any further help with this please pop back and we'll do our best to help. 

Have a lovely Christmas and New Year 🙂 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos