Menu
punt1971
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Recycled mobile number

I purchased a mobile sim for my 8yo daughter so she can talk with her friends. The number we received has been recycled, she keeps getting calls from strangers and her whatsapp added her to loads of groups.

I rerported this well over a month ago and have head nothing back. I'm paying for a sim that cannot be used. My daughter doesn't want to use it, rightly so, stragner danger, etc.

I need to speak with someone to get a new, fresh sim/number and am going around in circles on the website.

Can anyone give me a number to call without the usual foreign call centres? I have a complaint reference number.

Just also like to say, I'm upset at Virgin Media's apparent lack of care about the potential safety of an 8 year old child.

Thanks

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recycled mobile number

Virtually all numbers are recycled these days.

I'll flag your post to see if the team here can help

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Punt1971,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your daughter's mobile services looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you. Being a mum to a 7 year old I can understand your concern with this. 

Enlli is correct, nearly all mobile numbers within provider's number pools are recycled nowadays. But if you could explain what you would like us to do to make you and your daughter feel more comfortable that would be the best first step for us.

I think, seen as she doesn't want to keep the number, the easiest way to get around this would be to change her number on our side. Would this be something you would like me to do potentially? 

Please let me know 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
punt1971
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Megan

I appreciate that a lot of numbers are recycled but she was getting a awful lot of calls. A new number would be ideal, in fact, that's all I asked for in my ignored original complaint.

How do we go forward from here?

Jonathan

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jonathan, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I understand what you mean and I do apologise she started to get a lot of calls. Bless her, she must have been nervous!

So the next thing we will do is go into a PM together so we can find the account, I'll send this over to you now 🙂

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos