cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recent loss of signal

gilburton
Dialled in

Is there any way of finding out if any work has been done on our local Masts??

My wife is on a virgin sim and I am on a voxi (vodaphone) sim. Just recently my signal has disappeared and as my wife has always had a poor virgin signal at home sometimes she used my phone as back up.

In the last couple of weeks I am having problems as well only finding out when relatives kept saying thee phone wasn't working.

As virgin used to use Vodaphone I wondered if this had any bearing on the problem with the switch to O2?

My phone has a wedge shape signal indicator and I either have no signal or a tiny edge showing.

Nothing is showing on the network outage sites??

I'm with virgin on the tv/broadband and if I thought changing to a virgin/02 sim would help I would swap over??

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gilburton, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of the issues you're having with your mobile signal.

This is quite a difficult one, as you've mentioned you're not with either Virgin Mobile or O2 directly so we can't generally support with third party mobile networks.

However, I'd advise using O2's service and coverage checker here and hopefully this may answer some of your questions.

Additionally, as you've mentioned you're with us for TV/Broadband, so if you have an O2 SIM alongside this, this'll make it a Volt bundle which means you automatically receive a speed boost on both your broadband speed and mobile data usage with the SIM!

I hope this helps and if you need anything further, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Just to clarify I am with virgin mobile and have an account but my wife uses the virgin phone.

We left a previous long standing Virgin package account a few years ago because of cost but kept the mobile account going and I switched to voxi.

If you want details of the Virgin mobile  account which is in my name it's no problem

Hi @gilburton, thanks for your reply - I do apologise for my misunderstanding here.

So it's my understanding that you're seeking more help on your Wife's SIM (the one that's in your name), about the signal issues experienced rather than your Voxi one?

If that is the case, please still check the O2 link I previously provided, as all our SIM's are on the O2 network now.

Please don't hesitate to report back if you need any further help.
Many thanks

Tom_W

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Make sure you use the status page and not the coverage checker page as that one does not give real time updates

You need https://status.o2.co.uk/ to check for problems now Virgin use O2

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

All ok now.. There was some apparantely major work being done on the o2 mast until the 16th dec. Both my wifes virgin signal and my voxi/vodaphone signal are back to normal with app at least 50% or more strength.

As we only had our mobiles active we had to turn to whatsapp for friends/family.

I had never bothered with the landline so purchased a cheap basic handset and got that working for emergency purposes.

Seems Virgin has virtually abandoned the mobile market and just point you in the direction of o2 now.

Thanks for the update @gilburton, and I'm pleased to hear that order has since been restored.

Do feel free to come back to us if you experience any further issues with the services.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gilburton wrote:

Seems Virgin has virtually abandoned the mobile market and just point you in the direction of o2 now.

Given their merger with O2 this was always to be expected. Let Virgin Media run the fixed-line side & O2 the mobile.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks