Menu
KLG
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Reactivating Pay As You Go SIM

My elderley neighbour lost track of time during the lockdowns and didn't realise how long it had been since he last used his mobile. His Pay As You Go SIM has now been deactivated. He realises that this is in line with the terms of the contract; however, is there any chance that he could get it reactivated?

He only uses his mobile to contact friends/ family if he needs to be collected from a medical appointment, so a monthly contract would be inappropriate. Besides, he would find it very hard to cope with a change in phone number or device - he still uses a Nokia from the early 2000s.

Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reactivating Pay As You Go SIM

I will flag this to the team. It may not be possible depending on time and if the number has been released.

The other problem is that the SIM may not have been changed for the newer type. If this is the case it may not work in the old Nokia.

See what the team thinks

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lisa_CC
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey there KLG, thanks for posting on your neighbour's behalf about his Mobile SIM issue. We can take a look for him and get a new one sent out but as enlli has mentioned, our new SIMs may or may not work on his current phone. We can of course sort his SIM out first as a first step and go from there but as he's currently on Pay As You Go, we'll need to create a mobile account on our side in order to arrange for the replacement to be sent to him. The SIM will still remain as Pay As You Go, it's just an account creation on our side really, but without it, we wouldn't be able to send a new SIM.

May I ask whether your neighbour already has a mobile account with us for his Pay As You Go SIM and whether he's okay with us answering a few questions or if he has a family member that can help him?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
KLG
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for your very prompt response. If you could sort out his SIM, then he would be very grateful. He discovered the problem whilst attending a hospital appointment last week. Luckily, a kind nurse contacted a family member on his behalf. However, he has more appointments coming up, and I know that he is anxious to have his mobile up and running before then.

I don’t think that he has a Virgin account - I tend to deal with any online accounts (utilities etc.) on his behalf, and I haven’t found any record of a mobile account. I am very happy to help him answer any questions required in order to create an account.

Thanks again,

Kathryn

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi KLG, thanks for the message, I will send send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris 

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi KLG, we are glad to hear that this is on the way to getting resolved. Please let us know how it goes and if you are faced with any issues? Chris

0 Kudos