Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 11 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

If it's a 3rd party issue why do I not have the issue on another network with the same phone and same app (WhatsApp) this is a VM issue that you are avoiding to recognise 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 12 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I was on Three - Whatapp worked properly.

Migrated to VM - had continuous delays on Whatapp and some others (unless connected to Wifi, in which case it worked fine). Replacement sim card made no difference and moved to a new handset, same issue.

Migrated away to Vodafone - Whatsapp worked properly again.

Definitely network related rather than handset.

Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 13 of 24
Flag for a moderator

toasty772,

Well put 👍👏

I don't see any other network messages people complaining about this issue for nearly a year.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Are you having issues with accessing the internet on 4G or just the Apps that have a problem Bashir971? 

It may possibly be a signal issue where you live. You can use our coverage checker here, and our mobile diagnostics page here  virg.in/phonefix .

Once you have tried the above and if your are still experiencing issues we would recommend you give our mobile team a call on 789/0345 600 0789.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 15 of 24
Flag for a moderator

This is WhatsApp messages and emails are not received and no notification is sent until the app has been opened. This only happens on 4g when using WiFi there is no issue. I have checked changed settings swapped sim cards to no avail. I have contacted WhatsApp and they have advised that this a network issue as the problem is only on 4g.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Message 16 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bashir971

I wondered if this link may be of any use to you regarding you on going issue: 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/WhatsApp-messages-not-coming-through/m-p/3972759#...

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards 

Steven_L

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 17 of 24
Flag for a moderator

As I said earlier I have spoke with your mobile team several times they are useless.. Coverage is fine and there is nothing wrong with my phone.

If you have so many customers complaining about exactly the same thing how can VM not accept that it may be a problem with the network?

There is thread after thread of complaints 

Just check this forum! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It has been fedback to the team who will continue to look into this, once we have an update then we'll let you know. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 19 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Any update on this issue yet.. Do you have any idea how a resolution will take? Reading previous threads I notice that this issue has been ongoing for almost 12 months! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 20 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I flagged the issue in this very forum over a year ago! Ended up migrating away....

0 Kudos