Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: WhatsApp messages not coming through

Hi I've only joined this community to let you know that I may have found a solution to the notification problems many are enduring.. I also had the same problem when I joined virgin mobile about 5 weeks ago.. I tried changing settings changing aims etc nothing worked. I believe as virgin mobile allows you to use WiFi hotpots certain phones like my Huawei get confused and the notifications get stuck somewhere. Anyway if you turn off your WiFi on your phone when you're out and about everything works fine! I've tested this for the last few days and it's all good! Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I posted a response a few weeks ago as I thought I'd cracked the problem.. I turned the WiFi off on my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and everything seemed to be working fine, but unfortunately it's seems to have gone back to messages not coming through over the last few days. It's frustrating that virgin can't won't fix this issue! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Is this problem specific to Android device’s? I’ve seen lots of people saying they have this problem, I’ve been with VMobile now 5 months and luckily for me I’ve not experienced this issue, I have an IPhone XS Max! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Dunno, it doesn't affect my Samsung s9+. 

Was on 4g earlier and loads of whatsapp messages sent/received without delays (like they have always been). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

There is quite a long thread about it for iPhones/iMessage, my other half has never noticed it though with her iPhone 6, and I never did with a Android phone.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Delay-in-iMessages-being-sent/td-p/3941893

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It doesn't seem to affect everyone maybe it's specific to geographical area or even certain phone manufacturers.. I have no idea tbh. I was on Vodafone for years and never had any problems as soon as joined VM it started. It defo an issue with VM not hardware or software. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Bashir971

Thanks for popping back - sorry that you seem to be having issues with WhatApp messages currently. 

We're not aware of any issues with this on any device currently.. 

Do you only have the issue with delayed messaged via WhatsApp? Does it only happen on this device? 

Does it happen when you are connected to your home WiFi or over your VirginMedia data? 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It only happens when using mobile data.. I've rung customer service several times they are useless.. There are many people complaining about this same issue for many months yet you still have no solution.. This is utterly unacceptable, if there was no penalty for cancelling I would leave and unfortunately if its not resolved I will be leaving when my contract ends 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us Bashir971

We do know how annoying this issue is with the delayed messages. Unfortunately this is a know issues with WhatsApp.

As it is a 3rd party application and it is happening with several other mobile providers we can only advise to try uninstalling and re-installing the app to see if this clears the issue.

You can raise this issue with WhatsApp itself to see if they have any resolution.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Jodi,

Just FYI it's every app not just WhatsApp where this issue is.

This is where lot people get confused thinking it's just one application.

Like I've just posted the August software on my Google pixel has solved my issue.

However you can only get the update if you've got a unlocked phone like me.

0 Kudos