Menu
shmoon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Oomph bundle cancelled. What happend to mobile sim?

Hi, I’m facing the same issue. My broadband Oomph bundle has finished as of today (1 March 2021) due to moving houses (abroad to be exact!). I have a Oomph 5GB SIM card with the package which my husband is using and still needs. Is this sim cancelled automatically? I just want to move to pay monthly or pay as you go. 
Please can someone help me on the community? I cannot call to sort this out as last time I tried calling Virgin mobile customer service from abroad, it took over 2 hours and cost me a lot... 

thank you!

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OK. I've moved your post to a new thread as it is more likely to get picked up 

@Ryan_N 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Good morning @shmoon 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

The sim wouldn't automatically cancel, however if you do wish to change the sim package you would need to speak with the mobile care team as we are not able to change the packages from here. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M  

0 Kudos
shmoon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply @Zak_M

However, so what package does the Sim become after broadband Oomph package has ended? Is there a monthly fee? When I log into my mobile account, it says nothing. Surely Virgin won’t just give me 5GB data a month for free now that I’m not a broadband customer.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to us @shmoon

I would recommend logging into your online account here it would answer your questions.  Or if you wish to cancel, you can call 789 from any Virgin Media phone service or 0345 600 0789 from any other network.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
shmoon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Lee_R,

I got an email saying my SIM card will be deactivated. Tried calling the number but couldn’t get through. I just want to keep my number on Virgin mobile - can I not just keep it and pay monthly fee or something? I’m currently abroad and cannot sort this out. I just need to keep my number alive until I get back. This is very important for me. Please help. 

8EB678BA-5A29-4EB0-AB81-ABC676FC7E7F.jpeg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shmoon,

Thanks for coming back to us, I believe when you cancel your Oomph Media package with a SIM, the SIM card turns into a Pay As You Go account, which gets deactivated in 90 days if no activity is done on the SIM. If you want to turn this into a SIMO account you will still need to speak with the mobile upgrade team on 0345 600 0789 or text them on +44753 301 6422 as we cannot perform actions like that on the forums, although we would absolutely help further if we could. 

I hope you can get this sorted soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
shmoon
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @Megan_L

But the email I received said it would be deactivated. I can’t call the number because I’m abroad. For some reason it doesn’t seem to dial. If it’s PAYG, that would be fine. I just want a definite answer. 

4982BA4F-DE97-497E-8AD2-D2624D0D765B.jpeg

thank you

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shmoon, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I can see why you're concerned and from that email I would recommend going off the information you have been given about it becoming deactivated. It may be due to what package you had which is why it is becoming deactive. 

I am afraid we won't be able to help with this further if you're wanting to change it to a PAYM account, as mentioned before, we don't have the systems to do that process here on the forums. You will need to call the upgrade team when you are back in the UK. 

Sorry we can't be of any further help.

Kind regards,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When you called the 0345 number did you dial it as +44345 as that should work?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos