cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can’t receive calls from o2 phones

dude74
Joining in

Hi, i have the exact same problem  , Done everything possible to rectify the issue , been on the phone to customer support numerous times   , nothing has worked so far including a new sim. My wife who is on o2 cant phone me and some random numbers including my work  place. any help would be appreciated . 

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dude74,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to hear that you're having a similar issue to the poster.

Can you tell us when your O2 number switch was complete? Have you tried your new SIM card in your wife's phone to see if this can help resolve the issue, or are you seeing the same issue?

What has the O2 team advised about this issue?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dude74
Joining in

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly .

Still the the same, just get the same  message "This number is not recognised" ,

i dont know if this helps but in sim 1/ sim 2 section on the phone it just says (Virgin unknown number ) .

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dude74,

Thanks for coming back to us about this issue. Are you able to confirm when your mobile network switchover to O2 was complete and if it was completed already?
Have you spoken to our O2 team about this issue yet? If so, what was advised please?

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

dude74
Joining in

Hi, i haven't actually switched over to o2 yet ,  I switched to Virgin on the 4th of May , but ever since my number was ported around 20% of my contacts cant seem to phone me , I've phone Virgin a few times now and followed all of these instructions, ( factory reset, resetting any cancelling  any call diverts , putting sim card in other phones, reset network settings, etc. and finally a new sim card , nothing seems to work, i'm  on the verge of giving up and switching networks. 😕

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dude74,

I'm sorry to hear that! I can understand how frustrating this can be. I'll be happy to look into this further for you via Private Message. 

Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I'll be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team