cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't get PAC Code

MarkJ2
Tuning in

Hi Gareth_L,

I’m also experiencing an issue in trying to get my PAC code (for my Virgin Mobile PAYG SIM), and I’m wondering if you could help?

I’ve tried to get it through both the 65075 text service, and in my account, but all I get is error messages.

The text service just texts me back saying “Sorry, but we can’t get hold of it right now”.

Any assistance you can provide would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards,
Mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Big shout out to @Zach_R !

Thanks to his patience and perseverance, he was able to correct/workaround a technical issue that was preventing me from being able to renew my PAC.

In doing so, he helped save my 14 year old number ahead of Virgin’s PAYG closure, and saved me the effort of having to update the hundreds of accounts/apps/contacts etc. amassed over the years.

Thanks again, Zach! Your help is much appreciated!

Mark.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I've made this into a new thread as there is a better chance of it being seen 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MarkJ2,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues requesting your PAC.

I will pop you a PM now so I can confirm some details and we'll take it from there.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

help75
Joining in

I managed to get a PAC by clicking on the link when I signed into my account.  It displayed it straight away (along with its expiry date ) and I also received a text confirming it. 

The bad news is that there will be no refund of any unused credit - which in my case is £12,  Maybe a small amount but if every payg customer has that same amount when the plug is pulled on the service - 130,000 x £10 adds up to a sizeable windfall for Virgin.  I am gpoing to make sure I use a lot of it before the service is withdrawn

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for taking the time out to speak with me via PM @MarkJ2

We've requested another PAC for you which you will receive within 24 hours 🙂

Any issues, just let us know here. 

Kind Regards

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Ayisha_B,

Thank you very much for your assistance, and I hope you enjoyed your Christmas break 🙂

I’m afraid I never received the PAC, and I’m still getting the same error messages when trying to request it via both my account, and through the 65075 text service.

I’ve attached some screenshots of the error messages/texts...

Would you have any other ideas?

Many thanks in advance for your time!

Mark.

2E5C7737-9171-4B56-A8E2-2B9AA9311703.jpeg

7128D38A-0C27-413A-AAB7-D6EAE5C2923E.png

Hi @MarkJ2,

Thank you for expanding on this. Have you ordered a new SIM card recently at all? I can see in one of the text messages in your screenshot that it's suggesting this may be the reason that this is happening.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @Zach_R,

Many thanks for your response!

No, I have not ordered a new SIM card recently. Nor do I have an outstanding balance.

I *was* able to get my first PAC in early November, but I didn’t have time to do the research and switch within the 30 day window, and it expired.

These error messages have emerged when trying to get a another code.

I’d really like to get this sorted and keep my number before your PAYG service ends in 8 days time.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts and assistance!

Mark.

Hi @MarkJ2,

No problem, thanks for letting me know. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take some further details and have a closer look at what's going on here for you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Big shout out to @Zach_R !

Thanks to his patience and perseverance, he was able to correct/workaround a technical issue that was preventing me from being able to renew my PAC.

In doing so, he helped save my 14 year old number ahead of Virgin’s PAYG closure, and saved me the effort of having to update the hundreds of accounts/apps/contacts etc. amassed over the years.

Thanks again, Zach! Your help is much appreciated!

Mark.