Menu
bwlblue
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Query direct debit

Tonight

my bank informed me that a direct debt has been set up by VIRGIN MOBILE TELECOMS Ltd.
My present contract with VM runs out on 9th March (TV, broadband and home phone). I re-negotiated a new contract from the 10th March (TV, broadband, home phone and a unlimited data sim). I do not have a VM mobile phone or account. 
I pay my contract by direct debit and I was expecting it to carry on with the new contract. I was not expecting a new direct debit to be set up by Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd.
Is this a scam?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Query direct debit

the mobile will be for the mobile.

Virgin mobile is a different part of the company
0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media and virgin mobile have 2 separate direct debits.  Even though you're on an oomph package you will have 2 log ins, 1 for TV, BB and land line and another for your mobile.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
bwlblue
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply.
I don’t have a Mobile phone with Virgin Media. My oomph package only gives me unlimited data.
I have not received any details from Virgin Mobile Telecoms Ltd regarding this direct debit, I don’t know how much the direct debit is or when it starts.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

the "mobile phone" is the " unlimited data sim"
bwlblue
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It looks like, with me signing up to their oomph package that I have a mobile phone contract as well.
How can they send me a sim when they don’t know what phone I use? I just didn’t think I was signing up to a Virgin Mobile Contract.
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The SIM is triple size and will fit all types of mobile phone.

The direct debit is there if you make chargeable calls (International / premium rate etc). However, you can set a spending cap on the account to £0 which means you can't make such calls and no money will ever get taken. 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks