Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purple SIM data problem

Hi Louis

I am FUMING....I have just received a call from Venus Team Manager from the Philippines.  My IT ticket has been closed because they can see some usage!!?!

The whole process is implies that I am a 'Liar' and everything is working 'fine'.  I have a manager talking over me and stating everything is working - I state it's not working fine. I'm having to restart phone for it to log on - I'm having to reset settings and APN to force it onto network.

The back office IT department states its working ok and there isn't a issue so therefore I will be sent a deadlock letter.  

Current situation -

1. Complaint closed

2. IT ticket closed

3. Deadlock letter in post

4. Issues still remain the same

A whole month of this - so there you have it customer experience, service, complaint process, IT ticket I have followed but nothing can be done!!!???

Thanks Virgin Mobile for wasting my time!!

Off to write a letter to CEO about how the complaints process is not fit for purpose!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20190830-171240~2.png

My preferred network is Proximus - this cannot be changed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

We are sorry for any disappointing journey which you have experienced with us.

Our IT team will have investigated this issue and if service activity can be seen on the account and usage logs then this will limit the extent to which this can be investigated.

Our complaints process requires us to progress the complaint to 'deadlock' stage if we are not able to resolve it to your satisfaction. You can view details of our complaints process here

You will receive details in the letter on the next steps and how to escalate this matter.

We are sorry that we haven't been able to resolve this to your satisfaction and we apologise for any disappointment which may have been caused by this. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

No service again....well I will have to reboot and get it back on!!No service again....well I will have to reboot and get it back on!!

This seems to be the normal for the past month ....now Virgin Mobile have confirmed that it is working fine as they can see some usage.... that is right when I force it to log on.  Is it working as it should....hell NO!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi David

Isn't it obvious that from what you have stated that your IT department is not taking notice of a number of people with exactly the same issues I'm having.  The situation of your process becomes flawed and not fit to listening to the issues the customer is facing.  However I can clarify that I never had any issues with the red SIM - logic would prevail here that the SIM cards are either faulty or the system has issues registering them when they move between MASTs on the network.  

If you are truly sorry you would take this on board and actually give us some reassurance that we are being taken seriously and somebody actually communicates what is being done. The reality is that there buryingare issues with your MVNO so rather than burying your head in the sand and state we are following a process that clearly is not working for an issue like me and others are enduring.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the same thing has happened to me. Although I am still at the full "denial" stage and the problem is my old iPhone. Absolute twaddle... and stuck in Kafkaesque limbo.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Unsolicited-new-SIM-upgrade-not-working/m-p/40555...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

N Paterson

Totally agree....the denying that there is any issues. Even the forum members are not taking notice - as they will not confirm there is an issue. 

I was taught actions speak louder than words so forum members apologies are just polite gestures without any meaningful actions.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Any suggestions....or does Virgin know when the issues with these SIM cards are going to be resolved?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Any resolution to when Virgin Mobile will get this fixed?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Any news from forum upon when the SIM problems people are experiencing are going to be fixed

0 Kudos