Menu
cope12345
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Purple SIM data problem

Nightmare since changing SIM to new purple SIM.  The previous red SIM had no problems but since changing have had no and intermittent service.  I initially raised problem as a complaint and have dealt with the offshore call centres with very little satisfaction.  The APN could not be updated and therefore another SIM sent out but to wrong address.  Eventually with persistence I got referred to the second level team and spoke to Sam who was excellent.  Eventually got phone working with it accessing data as I was told that some accounts were having problems migrating.  However, few weeks on and I now have periodic no service and emergency calls only and the only way to resolve this is constantly shutting phone down and toggling between aeroplane plane mode off and on.  Eventually it logs onto connection but strangely a little while later it indicates that it is connected to 4g but has a small cross in the signal bar and therefore internet cannot be used.  I have to constantly shut down the phone to force it to log on.  

I firmly believe that my account has not migrated correctly and keeps throwing me off the network.  I really wish I never agreed to change SIM card in the first place.  I have opened another complaint and hope to speak to the second level team soon to hopefully sort this out once and for all!!

Snookie
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Re: Purple SIM data problem

I'm having the same problem - I've had two new SIM cards 'No Service' after and hour or two and constantly having to power off phone and switch on again.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Hello cope12345

I am very sorry to hear this, can you confirm where about you are?

Thanks Joe_F 

0 Kudos
cope12345
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I am in Stafford, I don't think it is anything to do with problems with local masts as my wife and son are with Virgin mobile but have the red SIM cards without issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I see, What device are you using? 

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
cope12345
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

I am having terrible trouble getting this sorted out.

The preferred network is Proximus (2g/3g) and this cannot be changed.  I have inputted the APN settings which work fine and then disappear and has settings of APN which are 'hos' ??

I try and speak to second level team where the customer service refuse for it to be transferred apart from raising an IT ticket.  I have put in a complaint but gets closed without resolution.  The offshore call centre resolution is to send a deadlock letter as they cannot do anything on their end to rectify but refuse to transfer  call to second level team.  When they state they will put me through to them they leave me holding for a few minutes then terminate the call.  When I then ring back to state about the customer service experience they refuse to open a complaint.  The customer service / complaints procedure is a shambles and I would confirm over the a month of this my opinion is that it is not fit for purpose.  The customer service states that my handset which runs on Android Pie is not supported and I probably need to get another phone - I then state to customer service that I have tried it in Samsung handset and still experience the same problems!!

I now have further issues with the phone dropping calls and when you ring someone the ringing tone sounds like you are making a call from a foreign country.  People state I have not called them and then works another time.

The  customer service refuse to acknowledge a problem as the can see some data usage and some calls and state that their internal process does not allow them to transfer call to second level.  The process is robotic that does not allow them to listen to the customer experience. I ask per your terms and conditions for it to be reviewed by the resolution team and the offshore call centre state that they can't and will be reviewed by their manager and they will agree with them.  How rude and how confrontational this is that the customer is wrong!!!??

I feel that the purple SIM has not been.migrated correctly at first or the SIM is not been configured correctly.  I wish I never had been forced to take on a new SIM as the old red SIM cards worked perfectly.

What a shambles!!!!

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

have you tried texting ALL to 789922

if that works you will get 1 or 2 configuration messages back (one for apn, the other for mms)

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like it could be tied in with this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/NEW-VIRGIN-SIM-amp-NO-SERVICE-AGAIN-amp-AGAIN-amp...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

cope12345
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Done that many of times you get nothing back

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry this is still on going for you Cope12345, 

What was advised on the last call you had with us? 

Has an IT ticket been raised and did you get the complaints reference number at all? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos