cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased a new SIM plan, how do I cancel my old Virgin one and transfer number over?

h4mza
Joining in

Ok, so I got a letter a few weeks ago that my SIM plan will be renewing. However I went online and purchased a better SIM plan hoping that it would replace my old plan. Now the problem is, I have 2 plans under my account. 

I do not want to speak over the phone to sort this as I cannot understand the foreign accent that the line connects to. 

My bill also seems higher, the new plan is supposed to be £6 a month but it shows £7.91? Is this some kind of hidden charges I missed out in the small print or is it the first bill that is £7.91 and from then on it will be £6 a month? 

If so, how do I go about transferring my old number onto the new plan and cancel my old plan?

The live chat feature is useless as it's a millions of questions and I can't get through to anyone.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @h4mza,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear of the complications you're facing with your new bundle and SIM cards. We wouldn't be able to transfer your old number onto the SIM card with your new bundle - no mobile network can transfer numbers within their own network, so that won't be possible.

If you want your original number/SIM to have your current bundle then you'd need to upgrade/change the bundle on that number/SIM card and cancel your new one. In order to make a package change and perform a cancellation you'd need to speak with the retentions team on 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset) as we're unable to perform package changes/upgrades/cancellations from here on the community forums. Sorry.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can assist you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!