Menu
Juditleiros
Tuning in
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Proof of usage for insurance claim - last chance before complaint!

Just an update on this. I called 789 and despite the fact that Virgin have been saying for several weeks that they can't provide IMEI numbers, as soon as I mentioned the magic words "subject access request" and "data protection act" that very data miraculously appeared in front of them and they were able to tell me every phone that had ever been used on my account and their IMEI numbers. Unfortunately they were only able to tell me over the phone, to get it in writing I have to write to them at their customer care address (PO Box 333, Virgin Media, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9BB).

So I'd advise anyone in a similar situation to skip the endless frustrating calls to 789 and just put in a written subject access request to customer care. Alternatively Virgin could just stop this ridiculous facade that they "can't provide" information about IMEI numbers and just give customers the information they need rather than making them put in data protection act requests.

I'll update if/when I finally get this data in a form the insurance company will accept.

HSS
Joining in
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi
I'm in same situation waiting for SAR data. Did you get what you needed and was your insurance claim accepted
0 Kudos
Teoto
Joining in
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

For anyone else in this situation you DO NOT have to write to them. VM are required to take verbal requests made to any point of the business and CANNOT insist that it is made in writing. I would recommend recording the call yourself and they then have one month from the day following the request to provide the information to you. If you haven't passed security then send proof of ID to them to avoid them delaying the timeframe for responding (which is why I would suggest the customer service route as they have to identify you to discuss the account)

0 Kudos