Menu
Pilotdavo
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Promised New Contract - Charged Double For Less!

I first called  on 02.12.21 to request VM match an offer I had seen with Vodafone for 15GB for £8. VM offered to arrange 3x sims at £7 each for 12GB data for myself and 2 sons. I asked my wife to arrange for her phone to be added to the same account with the same deal to get the best price. After 4 or 5 phone calls to VM I was told this was arranged.

The price was then quoted to my wife at £38.21 not the £28 suggested by first call. I had to call again 2-3 times and I was then told the price would be £30 (3x£7 and 1x£9) which although not what was promised was only £2 out and not worth arguing about and I was happy with that.

When I checked on the VM app the price showed £12 for the 3 of the sims. I had to call again a couple of times and was told this was corrected. I then received one sim card for my sons phone. I called to check why this had arrived and asked for PAC as I was getting annoyed with the errors and number of calls.

The 14 day period for cancellation has subsequently passed and on the 17.12.21 I have now received a bill for £61.71. My wife's number is showing 18GB of data and is separated from the other 3 sims on the family plan. My sons and my sim is showing £12 each for 10GB/10GB/6GB. So 2 different tariffs and 3 different data packages. This is 3 accounts charged at £17.60 and one at £11.91 when I was promised 3x£7 and 1x£9!!

My monthly cost for 4 sims was £33.01 for 8GB before I called VM on 02.12.21 to "UPGRADE"!! I have cancelled my DD with the bank because I have tried calling and explaining the situation to customer service and my wife's phone has now been cutoff.

I cannot explain to the call handlers on 789 as they cannot solve the problem. They keep telling me what the bill is and I keep trying to tell them it's not what was promised. Why would I call to "upgrade" my families sim cards to pay twice what I was paying previously. I called again today and was told the price would be £38.12! Where does this price come from?

I cannot begin to explain how frustrated I am with VM and the number of times I have had to explain this situation to billing, sales, retention, complaints and who else. I do not know what else to do. I have called, emailed and repeated the problem multiple times.

I was promised a product at a price, I was then charged more than twice the agreed price for less than what was agreed after the cancellation period expired. 

If you have any sense never get involved with a VM phone contract as a dispute is impossible to resolve. I am at my wits end and I have been a VW customer for over 5 years for Broadband, TV and Mobile.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Promised New Contract - Charged Double For Less!

Good afternoon Pilotdavo, 

Welcome back to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your promised price, Unfortunately we can't review packages via the forums. 

If you haven't done so already, we would recommend raising a complaint via our code of practice

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos