Menu
Maltonian
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems with new SIMs on 2x phones - please help!

Hi
I really hope you can help! My family uses three mobile phones with Virgin mobile accounts, and we've received replacement SIM cards for all three.  Of the three, only one is now working with the new card.  The other two phones/accounts are critical as they are used by an old lady isolated in a care home and her daughter. 

We think the problem is because the phones are old - One is an old Nokia phone, the other an even older Alcatel phone. 

The Nokia phone just shows a "Sim not valid" message, and the IMEI number isn't recognised on your webpage.  The Alcatel phone brings up a "Network key?" message. 

We're not sure what to do next but we'd really appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems with new SIMs on 2x phones - please help!

Hi there @Maltonian

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our wall - I was sorry to understand that some members of your family have had issues with the new SIMs we have sent out as part of our migration plan. 

With some of the older handsets out there, they are not compatible with the new SIM or the technology we are working with these days. Some handsets may be locked and that could also be the reason they're not working. 

What we can do for you, is check the IMEI number for the handsets and see if we have an unlock code. If we do not or if the unlock codes do not work, we can order a free of charge handset to replace the current handset your family member has. 

What I'll do is pop you a Private Message so we can take the information from you securely and in private and help you out as best we can. Please look out for a Purple Envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Maltonian
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your help Katie - we really appreciate it!
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No worries at all - please just pop me a reply to my earlier Private Message when you have the information and we'll do all we can to help you out 🙂 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Glad that we've been able to help you out via Private Message this morning @Maltonian - thank you so much for your quick replies and information too. 

Please do not hesitate to get back in touch if you have any issues with the handsets or if they have not arrived after around a week - we can check it for you and chase if needed. 

Thanks again, hope you all have a good day. Stay Safe

Katie - Forum Team