Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Virgin Mobile's text robot

I wondered if anyone else is finding Virgin Mobile's text robot as useless as I am.

The robot admits that it is still learning but I don't think it should be using customers as experimental guinea pigs. I was initially offered the option of Virgin Mobile's wonderful text service yesterday afternoon as an alternative to waiting for a real person on the phone. I texted the issue before I knew it was a robot at the other end. Needless to say, Robot Dim did not understand and, after a short to and fro, I realised it was time to say 'Bye'. Robot Dim told me to wait for a person which, of course, was where I came in. After a while, I stopped texting, called 789 again, declined the text option and spoke to a person who updated my credit card details and topped up my account.

This morning, a new text arrived from 'Rohan' asking if he could help with my difficulty from yesterday. My top-up has not yet cleared so I replied and, annoyingly, Robot Dim texted back. Of course, he (or she) could not understand my text but asked if he could help. I just said 'Bye' and Robot Dim said I was in a queue for a real person which Virgin hoped could be made within 4 hours!

I have decided just to wait to see if my top-up is completed. There too much angst waiting for Virgin super-fast or dealing with Robot Dim.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Virgin Mobile's text robot

My top-up has not been completed!

I discovered an item on my credit card account saying a payment is pending to 'Virgin Mobile Hardware', not to 'Virgin Media Airtime' as it should be. I contacted Virgin Mobile by phone yesterday and was told there was no payment pending at their end and, therefore, my airtime balance would not be topped-up. The VM agent was re-assuring, no cause for alarm but if I was still worried to contact my credit card provider. The call to my credit card provider included a wait was almost 30 minutes for a 1 minute conversation to be told that, unless and until the pending transaction is completed, they could take no action. 

So I wait. I am assuming last Thursday's VM agent tried to update my airtime balance using a Virgin Media Hardware account so the transaction has failed but until the pending transaction disappears, I must wait and see. 

What a business VM is when it is so hard to make a payment to use its product!

0 Kudos