Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems switching to Virgin

I recently signed up to Virgin, I provided them my PAC number prior to signing up in order to keep my old number.

There are several issues

1. I am unable to register. I input my number, then Vodafone asks for my mother's maiden name (something I have not told them), they tell me my answer is invalid (it is correct). I have tried calling 789 but get put on hold for hours
  2. My number has seemingly not been transferred. I put my new SIM card into my phone. It still has my new number (as opposed to the old number I wish to transfer). I appreciate this can take 24 hours, but it has been longer than that
  3. My phone no longer works. 95% of the time there is no reception. My old network worked fine.

How can I resolve these issues? 

Thanks,

cpjt05

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems switching to Vodafone

Do you mean Virgin, not Vodafone?

1. In trying to register, did you get everything through Virgin or did you use someone like Carphone Warehouse?

2. When you ring out does the receiving phone show your new number, and can they ring you back on it? Some handsets don't change the number originally shown on the SIM

3 Did you check the network in your area before moving, Sounds like you are in poor reception 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enlli,

Sorry yes, meant Virgin!

1. Yes, all done through Virgin website. 
  2. Yes. When I ring it shows up as the new number, and they can ring me back on it.
  3. That might be the case. I'm not overly concerned about the poor reception
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yea some phones always show the original issued number. Wife has an S8 that does that after 2 years,

Can't help on the account I'm afraid, things seem in a mess there at the moment with very little telephone support

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos