Menu
Kazallie
Joining in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Problems after switching provider

My husband and I switched from O2 to virgin and received a text to say the switch was complete. Everything is fine except I can't ring my husband and he can't ring me it says we've dialled an incorrect number. We can text each other but not ring. Very frustrating!

0 Kudos
Kazallie
Joining in
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems after switching provider

I've spent 2 days on the live chat/text going through a long list of troubleshooting options. None of which has worked. Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

My advice is to call 789 from your handset and  listen to the announcement when you get to the point stay on the line for Virgin mobile you will need options 5.

Once you get an agent which may take sometime so its best to hold on tell them all the issues you both are having. And let them know if the device are your own or supplied via Virgin Mobile..

Ask for a reference number also, they more likely tell you to do an array of things to see if it resolves said I issues. 

You both need to do this for each number. 

Good luck. 

0 Kudos
Sebsebseb
Joining in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I've got exactly the same issue! Went through the online chat and they tell you to clear settings, delete them etc etc. But this does not help so we are still unable to call each other.

0 Kudos
Kazallie
Joining in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for your reply. I've been on the phone 3 times and had a text chat 2 days in a row. Gone through all the troubleshooting every time but I'm still in the same position. People on the phone are very helpful but we've had no joy at all 

0 Kudos
Kazallie
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It's so frustrating isn't it. I said lots of people seem to have this problem but they said they they've not ever had this problem before! 

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

It seems to effect phones which are on the same account in the main going on the posts I've seen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Kazallie
Joining in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Maybe but on my account there are these two numbers but I also have my 2 children on it and everything works fine with them. But they have been with Virgin much longer than us

0 Kudos
JoeKing1VM
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Well this for me has been HELL along with my 4G data speeds. Still not heard back from Technical support this week so I may even pass all my details of problems to the BBC.

Joe 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kazallie,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your mobile services looked into after your recent port over to us from O2, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.
Can you tell me whether an error message appears on screen when you insert the SIM?
Also, what does the message state when you try to call someone?
Does it happen with all numbers or just particular ones?
Have you tried the SIM in another phone to see if it works?
Thanks,
Megan_L