cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem ordering a new SIM :o/

Chris102020
Tuning in

Hi forum team 🙂
I've been on Virgin Mobile PAYG for many years. Two days ago, I received the following text message from VirginMedia:
[quote] Urgent: You must order a new SIM to keep your services. Visit virginmedia.com/orderasim or call us on 789. Your current SIM will stop working on 30th October. [/quote]
Crikey!
So off I went, to that web link, to order the new SIM. I entered my mobile number, then they sent me a text with a code that I entered, then they asked for the IMEI number of my handset, then my postcode and house number. The site was able to autocomplete my address. I'm then asked to click "confirm delivery details" and I get the following message:

Oops. something's gone wrong! Please try again in a few moments.

I have tried this many times. Tried at different times of the day. Tried it on two different computers, with different browsers. Tried deleting cookies, tried skipping the optional IMEI request stage . . . but I always get the same error message, at the same point.

I don't have an online account for Virgin Mobile, as it's just a PAYG SIM, and I've never needed customer care before. Although my SIM is over twenty years old, my handset is a relatively modern Nokia 215.
Please please (pretty please?) can I get sent one of these new elusive SIM cards?
Any help appreciated 🙂

10 REPLIES 10

Hi. We didn't order new SIMS in time for the 4th October change. Our SIMS now don't work. We live chatted Virgin on 25th October and we got an email to say our new SIMS would arrive within 3 to 5 working days. We are staying with relatives at the moment and our SIMS should have been sent here. There is no way of finding out if they have been dispatched. I was on live chat for 2 hours this evening then got cut off!!!! How can I find out if they have been dispatched and check they are being delivered to our relatives address?