Menu
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Price increase

Just got this text

Hi, it's Virgin Media. As the coronavirus is causing such an uncertain time for everybody right now, we won't be raising our mobile plan prices in line with Retail Price Index inflation in 2020. So, your monthly mobile plan cost will stay the same this year. For info, see virginmedia.com/rpi. Take care.

Well done Virgin for keeping the price the same.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase

sure they will make up for it next year:) nothing is free

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well done? 

VM are driven purely by shareholder interests (and it is easy to argue that's right) so this decision isn't some charitable behaviour, it will be driven by commercial considerations, and a view of whether the company is better off holding prices constant or not.  I'd guess that this is actually driven by competitors offering much better deals, in which case VM mobile customers should keep an eye on Uswitch, Moneysupermarket etc. 

Check how much you're paying VM, and (so long as you're not locked in contract) go to the price comparison site of your choice and see what a SIM only deal would cost you for the same data, texts and minutes. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I pay £14 for 40 GB 😂 so that will do me.

Every time the prices go up I just downgrade the plan so I think Virgin not increasing the cost is welcome 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I pay £7 for 20GB on EE 🙂

6 year old Black friday deal. Sometimes when gyou have a deal you have to keep it 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Probably do one of their discontinued tariff things they have done 2 years running, where customers mysteriously don't get notifications than they are being bumped onto another (more expensive) tariff 

0 Kudos