Menu
jonnyapps
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Price increase justification?

Could someone explain the justification for increasing the price of my service without providing me any benefits to the increase? 

Any other service either justifies a price hike with new performance or content or the price goes down over time - like a mobile phone contract where delivering X gigabytes of data becomes cheaper as infrastructure improves over time.

Virgin seem to be doing the opposite? I've been a customer for many years, have had the same broadband speed the whole time, yet have to pay more each year, seemingly to help Virgin expand their network and reach new customers.

It seems I'm paying Virgin to increase their profits?

In 2 years my bill has gone from £48 to what will now be £57 a month for the same service*

*difficult to confirm as the system only shows 1 year of bills and so I'm going on old emails.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Price increase justification?

Well you are in the mobile phone section and you are talking about broadband. 

Justification....

because they can, just as you can seek a better deal elsewhere.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jonnyapps
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Oops. Off I go...

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So am I when Covid dies down...we just got BT Fiber to premises

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The broadband part of vm will be squeezed by 5g home broadband once it gets more widespread. More competition and choice.

0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi jonnyapps,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months.  Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%.  We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.

At the same time, we have supported our customers with a range of upgrades and new services at no extra cost. Whether that’s giving customers a free speed boost, upgrading their equipment or providing new content and channels, we’re committed to giving our customers more.

^Martin

0 Kudos