Menu
Kane11
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Previous months data use

Is there any way of finding data use for previous individual months, other than adding up 30 pages of individual charges from the bill. 

Tried everything, almost as if they don't want you to know.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Previous months data use

There's options to save it as a pdf file, and csv. If you download as csv, you can open it in a spreadsheet like Microsoft Excel and use that to get the totals

0 Kudos
Kane11
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul but because they have put mixed KB and MB in the "use" column I dont know how to easily convert them in to one or the other and drop the letters to allow the column to total, other than manually altering 600 rows.  Open to suggestions though.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

excel could do it
0 Kudos
Kane11
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Care to elaborate? I've opened the .cvs file in excel.  The use column has entries like 57KB, 9.10MB etc.  I've got limited experienceof Excel but I would have thought to total a column it would have to be all KB or all MB and the letters would have to go.  Happy to be proved wrong though.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Kane11 wrote:

Care to elaborate? I've opened the .cvs file in excel.  The use column has entries like 57KB, 9.10MB etc.  I've got limited experienceof Excel but I would have thought to total a column it would have to be all KB or all MB and the letters would have to go.  Happy to be proved wrong though.

https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/adding-storage-data-kb-mb-gb.781275/ 

0 Kudos
Kane11
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I have been messing about with this and from Carls link, I think I have the conversion column correct but the sum formula is returning a #value error.  I think the problem is that as well as data use the virgin bill also lists calls.  As there is no data use associated with the call the conversion calculation is causing a #value error, so when the column is totalled I get an error.  Hope I am explaining this clearly.

Can the conversion formula be modified to ignore a cell with a "-" instead of a value or alternatively the sum calculation to ignore a cell with a #value.

As I say, very limited experience with excel, all help appreciated.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, it's annoying that they use kb and mb in the same column. I ended up sorting by that column and manually amending them.

0 Kudos
Kane11
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Definitely. it's my sons phone and each bill is over 600 lines, so doing it manually is more bother than it's worth.  Looking to change his phone and was trying to workout how much data he is actually using so I know what plan to go for.  Really shouldnt be this difficult.  A more cynical man would think they don't want you to know.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

check the phone data usage. it will tell you what was used and by what app
0 Kudos