Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Preorder iPhone

I preordered an iPhone 12 from virgin mobile website and received the following email last week. 

Hi,
We know you’ll be itching to get your hands on your shiny new Apple IPhone 12, so we’re working on getting it to you as soon as we can.
Unfortunately, this is going to take a little longer than we’d hoped, but we’re doing everything we can to deliver it within the next 13 days.
Sorry to leave you hanging – we’re sure it’ll be worth the wait. Until then have a little shopping spree on us with a £25 voucher – our friends at Edenred will send it to you soon via email along with info on how to claim the voucher. And we’ll keep you updated on your order, so look out for the all-important email saying your phone’s on its way!
Speak soon.
The Virgin Media team

Still no signs of voucher or dates for phone. Phoned customer services to be passed around 3 different people and different departments. One person said my order was cancelled and the next person said the order is waiting on stock. When asked about the voucher I got no response and was just told to wait and see. 

All in all there was no real point in placing  a preorder Online. You might as well just wait for release and get it from the shop and have less hassle. 

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Preorder iPhone

There are no shops now so the only way is online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I had the same problem!!

I pre ordered the iPhone 12 on 19/10 for delivery 26/10, when it came out on Friday i received the email to say it will be up to 10 days. I have recieved the voucher.

I have contacted them 4 times just about an update as to what is happening and have been told 4 different things. One said it is expected to be delivered on said day but no tracking ID so contact Yodel, contacted Yodel and they didn't have anything for my address. I then contacted Virgin again and they said it is scheduled to be collected by Yodel on 27/10 and delivered 28/10. So i contacted them yesterday to ask if it had been collected to be told that it is meant to be delivered 27/10 but no tracking ID again..

Last time i spoke to them it has no increased to 15 working days from when i pre ordered the phone for when it is going to be delivered so taking it to 09/11, but they haven't sent me and email separately to let me know so i would contact virgin and ask.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mastleyo, 

Thanks for your post and welcome o our community. 

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

Have you been able to discuss this with the team since your post? 

Have you checked your junk and spam folders for the email? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brown1704, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that there has been an issue with your pre ordered phone and I can appreciate any upset caused. 

Have you had an update from the team since or is it still due to be delivered on the 9th? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos