Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Power of Attorney

Hello

I have registered a Power of Attorney (POA) via the VM office in Swansea. I know Swansea have seen the document because they dutifully returned it with a compliments slip.  However when trying to call to discuss the account with customer services, the call centre advisers said they had no record of the POA and so couldn't discuss with me. 

Can anyone advise how I can get the POA to be in place on the account?  The Swansea office has no phone or email so it seems impossible to find out what is happening and to resolve this.

It is extremely stressful as the reason I am registering a POA is that I am caring for someone with severe dementia so dealing with this is the last thing I need right now.

Thank you in advance if anyone can help me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power of Attorney

Hi Unicat1

Welcome to our community forum pages and thank you for posting.

We'd like to see what we can do to help with this on here so we'll send you a private message in just a moment so that we can get a little more information.

Keep an eye out for the message at the envelope at the top of the screen.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Power of Attorney

For anyone dealing with the affairs of a relative with dementia (Alheimers Disease etc)

My issue was sorted out by the Virgin Media Bereavement and Critical Illness team. 

It took a lot of searching to find out that this was who I should talk to - so their number for anyone else who might read this is:

0800 952 2302 

They were absolutely brilliant, all was sorted out very easily over the phone with very understanding person, no need to see the POA. They also kindly wrote off a small amount of outstanding money owed.

Justine