Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Posted out Sim upgrade not working

I have been posted out a sim upgrade from Virgin. I followed the steps on the letter. Texting them and then receiving a text back to say it would swap over the next day. That was over a week ago and its still not working. At present my old sim and current one do not work, and I have no way of contacting them to help with my problem. Ive tried phoning the number from a different mobile but it wont connect. I cannot log in to my Virgin account as I've forgot my password and the password reminder gets sent to your phone.

The current error message is Sim locked by operator. I have tried the default security pin and also the personal unblocking key that was printed on the card, the sim was attached to.

Any ideas wise forum people

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Posted out Sim upgrade not working

At a guess I would say your phone is locked to work on only one provider. Old Virgin cards were simply EE rebadged, the new ones are their own and the phone sees them as a different network.

Was the phone originally bought from Virgin? If so, they should be able to supply a code to allow your phone to work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos