Menu
jamesh93
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Porting to Virgin

I’ve recently bought a sim only plan through Virgin and want to port my old number over from my previous network. I’m all ready to go with the PAC code but to my astonishment Virgin don’t want to take it off me. The text message and online support is useless they just go around in circles . The online account gives an error code when I enter my porting request and tells me to call up. I have called up and Virgin are telling me I can’t give them my PAC code until 3-5 working days after the sim was switched on. It arrived yesterday and I’ve set it all up and they’ve confirmed it’s activated . Is this normal for it take so long? Seems really bizarre and never had this with other networks which take 24 hours to activate at most and then the port should take one working day after that. Is anyone here able to help me with this because I really want to move my old number over and first impressions for a new customer really aren’t good so far.

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting to Virgin

Hi jamesh93,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you're having some issues with porting your number over to us.

I would be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos