Menu
johlyn
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Porting my number to Virgin

Recently joined Virgin and received SIM via Oomph bundle. PAC was provided during application process and am now wondering how long it will take to switch my number.

0 Kudos
wicked_witch
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting my number to Virgin

Iv just had this same convo with a customer agent my pac code submitted 30 mins ago and and it will be changed over on the 29/9/20. Could take up to 24hrs to switch over but I’m assuming it won’t take the full 24hrs.

0 Kudos
mrmaboo
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I am thinking of porting to, I have the Oompf sim and my contract is ending with vodafone.
is it the only way to port by contacting VM, that's if it is at all possible, given my previous experiences with customer services?
0 Kudos
wicked_witch
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ya....

yes Virgin need to activate the sim from there end, and they will port the number for you to but you will need a pac code from your soon to be old provider which will be valid for 30 days.

usually takes around 2-3 days to port over.

my request went in on Sunday and my number swap was completed today. 
min the mean time I continued using my old sim until I had no service today (around lunchtime) then I popped the new sim in and it was up and running..... 

My preferred methods of contact is the txt number or online chat (within opening hours).... 

Hope this helps....

danielle 

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey @johlyn,

Have you had nay further update since you last posted on this thread? Has your number now been transferred over to your oomph sim?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos