cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Virgin mobile to O2

maninamission36
Joining in

I got a cold call  a couple of days ago from a Virgin rep advising me that my mobile phone would be transferred to the O2 provider. I am only half way through my current 18 month contract with Virgin but I was advised I could start a new contract with bigger benefits, ie extra Broadband speed but at an extra cost. I was told that my existing Virgin phone number would be retained and I agreed to the new terms. I received an O2 SIM which I installed but it had a new number. I contacted O2 and they advised me to get a PAC code from Virgin to do the swap so I had to swap my SIM back to Virgin to speak to somebody. Virgin then sent me a text with the PAC code but told me I would have to pay £174 if I came out of my old contract! Then I got a bill from O2 for £10. None of this was explained when I agreed to the new contract. I was assured it would be a smooth transfer to O2. I contacted Virgin customer support and I was told I should not have been cold called from a Virgin operative to sell another contract within the period of my current one. I have therefore cancelled the O2 transfer and the new Virgin contract within the cooling off period and reverted I hope back to my original contract. I will wait until they put the price up  and close my account . I have been with Virgin mobile and broadband over 20 years and have been pleased with their company and the help they have given in the past. I didn't ask for a transfer from Virgin mobile to O2 they are imposing it on me yet they couldn't let me keep my old number without imposing a monetary penalty. Just an excuse to put prices up. I don't need 200mb broadband and 5G extra data I don't use that data anyway and I haven't got a 5G phone nor do I want one. Back to BT I think at the end of my contract.

Not happy!

2 REPLIES 2

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rule of thumb. Bit late now but never respond to cold calling whoever it's from. Plenty of scammers out there pretending to be someone else

Not saying they were scammers in this case but Virgin is known for aggressive (and some would say misleading) selling.

Just look at the Volt section of this forum.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi maninmission36,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums 🙂 

I am so sorry to hear you have not had the best experience with us and our mobile team. 

So I can best help you, can you recall the number that called you? Have you got your number back and is your contract back the same?

Zoie