Menu
foooobar
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Porting Number to Virgin Nightmare

Oh boy am I angry...

I have (had?) a mobile number for 20 years that was originally from Vodafone but most recently with EE. Last Thursday (28th March) I requested a PAC code from EE to transfer the number to a new Virgin SIM card.

On Monday morning (1st April) I called Virgin Customer Services and gave them the PAC code, old number to keep and new Virgin number. All fine so far...

On Tuesday early afternoon my EE sim stops working, so presumably the transfer has started.

24 hours later my old number has still not been transferred to my Virgin SIM so I call Customer Services. They deny that I even called them on Monday morning and have no record of any transfer request!!

Customer Services keep asking for my PAC code, which I give them and which they then tell me is invalid (presumably because it's already been used, which they deny)

I then called EE and got through to their very helpful Porting Team who confirm that the number has been transferred to Virgin using the given PAC code.

So, my old number of 20 years currently doesn't work and Virgin are denying all knowledge of any transfer even though EE have confirmed that they initiated it. Where do I go from here!?

0 Kudos
Chellen2019
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Porting Number to Virgin Nightmare

what happen whenever you put the new sim card in? Probably the sim port in process has been stuck in progress

best thing to do is to call vm service again and complain about this so they can raise a ticket or retrieve your number

0 Kudos
foooobar
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

When I put the new sim card in my phone (and another two phones that I've tried) then I can make calls/send texts etc but on the temporary number, not the number I want to port from EE. When I look in the settings for the sim card it says that the phone number is 'Unknown', whereas before it did at least have the temporary Virgin number in there. That suggests that something is happening in the transfer.

I have called Virgin Customer services many times today but they flat out deny that they have started any transfer. This is impossible since EE have stated to me that they had received a request to port the number using the PAC code that I gave to Virgin (and no-one else). I'm just getting fobbed off every time I call them.

If Virgin could at least admit that they have started the transfer then that would be something, but to effectively call me a liar and say that I never called them with the PAC code is just on another level of poor customer service.

0 Kudos
foooobar
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

3 days in and still my phone number does not work.

So I went into an actual physical Virgin Media store this morning and whilst they couldn't do much directly at least they could have the 'pleasure' of talking to customer services whilst I sat at looked grumpy next to them...

I'm told that someone (hopefully the porting team?) is investigating it and will get back to me - in 3-5 days!

I can only compare this shocking service to the excellent service I got from EE (where I am no longer even a customer) and they were able to put me through straight away to talk to someone in their porting team directly.

If I could turn back time I would go back and stick with EE, but I'm in a hole now so until I get my number back I'm stuck.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi foooobar,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our forums page.

I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your mobile and apologies for any frustration this has caused. 

I'm glad to hear you have spoken to the team and things are moving forward for you. Please let us know how things go.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
foooobar
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So, a couple of hours after my visit to the Virgin Media store my phone number is finally ported and I have been offered one whole free month of service. Coincidence? Possibly.

Overall that was a thoroughly poor experience, probably the worst I've received from any company before. There's a complaint letter on it's way and I don't think I'll ever be recommending Virgin to anyone that I know...

0 Kudos