Menu
jamieww
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Ported from BT Mobile to Virgin Mobile about a month ago but my temporary virgin number now shows

I have successfully ported in my old number from BT to my virgin mobile sim, my BT number was showing fine on sending & receiving texts & calls, but recently it has stated to show my temporary Virgin mobile number when I send a text to anyone.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported from BT Mobile to Virgin Mobile about a month ago but my temporary virgin number now s...

Hi Jamieww, 

Really sorry you're having some trouble with the temp number we gave you, I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch. 

Can I ask what make and model handset you're using? 

Have you updated the mobile number in your settings to show the one you ported over? 

Let us know 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ported from BT Mobile to Virgin Mobile about a month ago but my temporary virgin number now s...

Hello

Is this for an iPhone if so,

The way that iMessage works is that it doesn't automatically update the change of phone number dynamically, so to resolve this what you have to do is -
1) Logout of your Apple ID.
2) Turn off the phone and then back on.
3) Sign back into your Apple ID.
This will force the change of phone number with iMessage and will resolve your problem.
Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos