Menu
agostelow
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Port mobile number and keep account open

I have an Oomph sim and I want to switch the number to a new account with a different provider. I can get a PAC code but I then want the Virgin Oomph account to stay open and transfer another number on to it. Is it possible to do that? Is so please can someone explain how?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Port mobile number and keep account open

i don't think that is possible pac codes canel it i don't know how you can go around this you can get a pac code and get a new sim from virgin ring up day after the number is transfered off it depends you have to pay the rest of the contract you have with virgin media but its not posablie to keep the sim running you can do it virgin moblie pay mouthly to pay as you go or other way around with virgin moblie.

sorry it will get canneled if you pac code the number to a other provider and you have to pay off the contract .

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Oomph bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can get virgin moblie pay as you go sim and transfer numbers without pac code them and get a pac code from pay as you go to other provider that maybe way to keep the account open i think

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello @DavidJWalker 

I am afraid that Virginmedia no longer offer a Pay As You Go SIM, they have not for some time.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

best way get 2 pay as you sim cards from virgin moblie as to move the number to pay as you go one of the sim cards and move the other to you pay mouthly sim and make sure they can do that in same day without canneling the account i don't know if virgin moblie has pay as you go sim cards its worth a go

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

its a shame you can't do it then i think you have to pac code the number and ask virgin moblie to replace it with a new number when your number is transfered to a other provider

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Transferring another number on to your Oomph SIM is not a problem. However Transferring its original number elsewhere may prove difficult and you may end up with mote problems than it is worth.

As stated, there is no Virgin PAYG 

You would best be advised to contact the Oomph team 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos