cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor to no signal

wanyu1229
Joining in

Hello all

I have been experiencing poor to no signal in Leamington Spa (CV325LD) for a few days, even in open air areas in the town centre. 

Service status shows no issue and coverage checker says all good too. My husband who uses an android phone also has the same problem and I have an iPhone so it's definitely not a phone issue. We also tried resetting network following virgin’s suggested tips but still no luck.

Text messages seem fine but WhatsApp does not even connect 90% of the time. We can barely open any webpage. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

96D0513C-7E51-4EB8-920F-B0F05FB47B26.png

15 REPLIES 15

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @wanyu1229,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your signal.

Is this only happening in the area advised? Do you both get signal elsewhere?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Ayisha_B

Many thanks for your message. 

We don’t usually get out of town during weekdays, so I will not know whether this issue is local or not until the weekend. 

Thanks for coming back to me @wanyu1229,

We've checked the coverage this end for you as well and can't see any issues.

If you find you have the same problem when you are out this weekend, please let us know. That will help us determine if this is local or not. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello

We tested it today in Solihull and the signal and connection seem normal. However the problem in Leamington is persistent. I can still barely manage to send a WhatsApp text most of the time and no webpage can be opened (unless it jumps to 3G, 4G is pretty much useless)!

Can you please report this to the technical team? This has been going on for several days and it is too frustrating.

Many thanks.

Thanks for checking while you were out 🙂

Does sound like the issue is localised, what do you see when checking here

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex_RM

The coverage checker says good indoors and outdoors. We have been with virgin for a while and had no issue until these days. 

Are you able to try a manual network search, and reset network settings if you can?

Can you try the SIM in another handset?

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex

My husband’s android phone has the same issue (he is with virgin too) so it’s not device problem. 

We have tried resetting network following virgin’s online help tips and it did not help. 

P.S. I just managed (barely) to run a speed test with BT wholesale and it shows 0 MB for both upload and download speed…. So I have to switch back to wifi to upload this because this page wouldn’t load under 4G! 

B1D62ADF-AB16-4BC8-B080-BF113F2925A6.png