cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor signal quality

Chess137
Joining in

The call quality on my phone is extremely poor. Is there a problem in my area? WA160LS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Referring your postcode to the OFCOM checker it appears all networks have poor indoor coverage. So be careful if you move.

If you had coverage before on Virgin then EE could be the way forward.

Depending on your make and model of phone WiFi Calling may be available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chess137, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on bard with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your signal. Can you try the below and let me know the results:

• Are you referring to not having any data signal or are you unable to make calls and send texts either? 
  • Do you find this is the issue at home as well as when out and about or is this only happening in one area?
  • Are you able to test your SIM card in another device? If so do you get the same results?
  • Can you also try another SIM in your device to see what happens?
  • Finally, is there anyone else in your household experiencing the same issues? 

Pop back and let us know so we can help further. 
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Signal for your postcode shows Good Outdoors only on 3g and 4g

Screenshot_20220303-172847_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi Kath,

From a previous answer it seems Virgin can only offer me signal strength outdoors which is insufficient for my needs as I like to make my calls from inside my house. Yesterday, whilst on a transatlantic call, I was put on hold whilst awaiting an important answer to a financial transaction and the call dropped out which has brought me to a tipping point. I need to find a provider who has a better signal in the area I live and will work towards this solution. I will be sorry to leave Virgin but I am sure you understand my frustration. I can no longer have my head out the window to make and receive calls.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Referring your postcode to the OFCOM checker it appears all networks have poor indoor coverage. So be careful if you move.

If you had coverage before on Virgin then EE could be the way forward.

Depending on your make and model of phone WiFi Calling may be available.