Menu
Hughsie
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor signal and data following SIM change

Following inserting the new SIM (purple) which was sent out to replace the existing SIM (red) I noticed my mobile signal strength had dropped, data was slow and I can no longer connect mobile data using my vehicle system (VW premium bluetooth system using a remote sim setup). I receive voice and text but no data transfer i.e. when using google maps. My vehicle system states something similar to 'mobile data access denied by operator'. 

All the above were fine prior to inserting the purple sim and is the same using my wifes phone (unlocked) with my sim in so I know its not the phone. I can also connect to the vehicle using her phone with her smarty sim in with no issues.

I have been trying to resolve this issue since 20 MAY 2020 with the CS operator text service and they originally decided to send out a replacement sim which did not register/activate with the network. Again contacted CS text who said the sim hadn't been activated at virgins end so they said they had activated so left in phone for over 24 hours with no success and now using the first purple sim.

Getting very frustrated with this as something has changed virgins end with the new sims and they are not trying to resolve. I have been in contact since 20 MAY using the text service which is very slow for example to day I sent a text at 07:35 got transferred to the team at 11:02 and still waiting at 13:53 to discuss the problem again.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor signal and data following SIM change

HI Hughsie, sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sim, if it is connecting to data then the sim would be working fine albeit a little slow, can you try a network search to see if anything changes? ^CW

0 Kudos
Hughsie
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

Tried everything that the Text message team suggested. They got the replacement for the new sim activated but still the same.

After hours on the text messaging service over a few weeks I have lost patience and will be looking at options to moving to another provider as soon as things move towards normal as I cant bear to go through Customer Services during the current working arrangements.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

HI Hughsie, I am sorry to hear that you are still having issues with the service, the new sim would still use the EE network and that has not changed. I am sorry to hear that when you spoke to the text messaging team that they were unable to get this resolved for you. If you are still having issues with the sim and want to cancel, the cancellations team can be contacted by calling 0800 183 1150 ^Chris 

0 Kudos