Menu
Sarahmchugh15
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor mobile signal

Hi there,

I got my phone in June 2020, I have had poor mobile signal since then. Over the past 2 months it’s has been particularly bad. I can’t get through any of my phone calls without the signal breaking up or cutting out completely. When I am at work in certain parts of the building I lose signal and 4G connection completely. It is some of the worst signal I have ever had.

Also it’s as though my phone believes it it registered in another country. I have checked settings and it is registered in United Kingdom. Sometimes numbers appear broken up (in pairs) and they can’t be dialled. I was told to turn dial assist off. I have checked my settings and it is still off and this still happens. Any help would be great please.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor mobile signal

The problem with number formatting and the phone thinking it is elsewhere is an easy fix

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Signal is a separate matter. Is it in one place or everywhere you have bad reception?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sarahmchugh15
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor mobile signal

Thank you for the help for the phone number appearance.

The signal is bad everywhere, it is worse in certain places but it is poor wherever I am, even just sitting in the my house it can drop out.

thanks for your response :)!

0 Kudos