Menu
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Poor mobile signal

Hello,

Ever since VM have joined with O2 my mobile signal in the Abingdon area has been very poor! I can't even send a text in my own house! It was way better before O2 came into the mix. I'm starting to look else where for a provided. My wife has the same issue and we don't have the same mobile phones.
According to the VM map using my postcode it should be very good for 4g,3g and 2g, which it is not!  

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor mobile signal

Good Afternoon Ashg,

Thanks for you post on our Community Forums and I'm sorry to see that you've been experiencing issues with your mobile phone signal.

Just to clarify the partnership we have to provide out mobile phone service is with EE - are you using the older Red SIM card that is EE Hosted, or are you using a purple SIM card that is hosted by Virgin Media?

If you're able to provide me with your postcode, I can also use some software to look up your local masts to see if there are currently any issues with the services

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

New Purple sim in both our phones. It's been rubbish since we got them weeks ago. OX14 post code.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at the EE service status page

https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/networkchecker/checkservice

Looking at it myself, most postcodes in the area you mentioned have service/mast problems

0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I have looked at that but this has been poor from day one I put the the sims in, which is getting on for two months ago! I have a mast half a mile away and as I said before old sims good, new sims the second they were in the two different phones rubbish. 

0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Still No 4g, not even 3g and that's in my back garden!

0 Kudos
rjatkinson
Just joined
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
I seem to be having issues when calling people they say it's crackling in the back ground and its just not clear at all.!

Thanks

Richard

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Ashg 

You will find that the O2 has not been completed as yet, even so that should have no effect on the signal as VM still use EE for the signal.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I don't care who is running the show I just what a good signal.

I've been to the EE site this morning and there are no reported problems in my area. As I said before both our phones were bad the moment I put in the new sims back in May. I have a mast less that half a mile away and yes it is an EE one.!  

Maybe both sims are faulty 🤔

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

They did have a bad batch of sim cards, but it was a good few months before May.

Is the problem happening in all locations? Or just in the local area.

You mention bad signal 2g 3g 4g, have you tried setting the phone to each of these individually to check the signal?

0 Kudos