cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor data and signal. New contract but no sim?

toffas-uk
Joining in

Hi all,

Having issues with very poor signal and data connection. I was on a 4G plan ( But out of contract), and has been fine. However, over the last few weeks, I've had No service, emergency calls only, and E and H as a Data connection, with only occasional bumps to 4g. I've changed the sim to a different phone  (Huawei P30), with the same issues, so I presume it's the sim playing silly beggars. I use my phone for work, so I need it running correctly! So, I bit the bullet, and started a new sim only contract on Sunday ( Star deal - 5G sim, 10gb data, calls and texts). Apart from my online account showing the new plan, I've had nothing. Should I be getting a new sim? I've tried ordering a new sim online, but it just loops me back to the help page, with no confirmation. Any advice appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @toffas-uk

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that you're currently having issues with your SIM. Please join me on private message so we can locate the account and pass security to answer your questions about your package. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Regarding your coverage do you see any issues in your area on the coverage checker page?  Do you get the coverage issues in just your home or is it them same in other places too? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley