Menu
Pauldf
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Poor 4g signal

Hi,

I used to have a full 4G signal on VM but it has now seems to have dropped down to 2 bars outside.  Could I have been moved over from EE to Vodafone as Vodafone signal is pretty poor where I live and work.  How can I tell if my phone is now connecting to the Vodafone network?  I use an iphone 11 with dual sim, o2 and VM.

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor 4g signal

Don't know much about iPhones but it you are able to do a manual network search and see if Vodafone does not show but EE does, you will have been moved.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ashpole
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That information will be under Settings>Mobile Data>Network Selection then Turn off Automatic.
Pauldf
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks both, EE shows up along with a few others including Virgin when I do this so I guess this means I’ve been swopped over to Vodafone?
I have 9 months contract left with a next to useless internet signal now, I wonder if they can swop it back to EE?  I wouldn’t have stayed with VM if I’d known this.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Pauldf wrote:

I wonder if they can swop it back to EE?  I wouldn’t have stayed with VM if I’d known this.

Remember Virgin's wholesale contract with EE expires at the end of 2021. Beyond that, VM's agreement for radio access coverage is with Voda.

If you need EE's coverage, then you'll need to change to either an EE MVNO - or better still, EE themselves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Corey_C
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Pauldf,

If you are seeing EE as an option then you will have been migrated over to the Vodafone connection. Unfortunately there is not a way to roll back the migrations @japitts would be correct.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Pauldf
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

As I didn't ask for nor wanted to be moved over to another network can I leave my pay monthly contract early?  I still have around 9 months to go on it.  I have just moved my contract over to the cheapest option (£7p/m as opposed to £16p/m) as the Vodafone signal is weak where I work as it is in a black spot.

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is always the risk with an MVNO who piggyback on a main provider. ASDA mobile are moving from EE to Vodafone too. This move by Virgin was announced in Nov 2019.

In such moves there will be winners and losers, and as far as I can see there is no regulation from OFCOM regarding early termination for the latter.