Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Please provide generic response to Invalid sim issues

There are now tons of posts relating to issues with Invalid SIM messages on older phones a few of which have garnered some support But many are unanswered. This is a totally unacceptable lottery.

Virgin must have known this was going to happen and should have had plans and guidance already worked out. Loyal and often elderly  customers Are involved here.

At the very least create a sticky post which everyone who has this issue can respond too, then you can work your way through the list and make sure everyone is dealt with. 

If you carry on like this someone is going to take this further.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Please provide generic response to Invalid sim issues

The problem with this forum is that it was conceived as a Customer to Customer Community with little input from Virgin.

With the lack of telephone support things have changed, but there are no real full time staff, they all have other duties.

As a long term member I agree about the Sticky it was done recently over PAC codes.

However, I also know that many people on here don't read the sticky threads. Quite often I am having to answer stuff by telling people to post again in the sticky.

Sticky yes, but what is also required is dedicated agents assigned to answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to reply enlii
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Enlli is right.  Community Forums are supposed to be a place for users to help each other, not a place to come for Support.

The reality is though that most of Virgin's call centre and chat staff are genuinely worse than useless. Even if you somehow get through to someone, they often just hang up or give conflicting and incorrect advice, and just make matters worse.

The forum has become a last-resort place for people to come to when they are crying out for help.  Personally I stumbled upon it when I was trawling the internet trying to find out how on earth to get through to Virgin. And thank god I did, the team on here literally carry the entire company as far as I can tell.

I think this SIM c**k up is a perfect illustration of how dreadful this company has become.
They simply don't care. They just want to break away from EE, and if that means their customers lose access to their phones? Oh well. Not their problem.
Surely, surely someone at Virgin would have flagged up that many of their customers would have 'locked' devices, and therefore a new SIM wouldn't work?!
I guess they did, and nobody listened.

From what I can see on the forum, this is just loads of angry customers, many of which have been customers for years, all looking to leave. It's not exactly a good advert for Virgin is it.
I feel I've learned a lot from this forum since my issues started in April, but basically everything I've learned shines a big bright spotlight on how Virgin operate as a company.
I'm surprised they haven't shut this forum down.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Inferno wrote:

I think this SIM c**k up is a perfect
Surely, surely someone at Virgin would have flagged up that many of their customers would have 'locked' devices, and therefore a new SIM wouldn't work?!
I guess they did, and nobody listened.

From what I can see on the forum, this is just loads of angry customers, many of which have been customers for years, all looking to leave. It's not exactly a good advert for Virgin is it.
I feel I've learned a lot from this forum since my issues started in April, but basically everything I've learned shines a big bright spotlight on how Virgin operate as a company.
I'm surprised they haven't shut this forum down.

I flagged the potential problems through the VIP forum as did others. I'm sure the customer facing staff on here had their doubts but they won't be allowed to say.

I can't say too much but it appears this decision was taken higher up on the spare of them moment, probably by some grey suited manager who has never had anything else but the latest company supplied iPhone

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Another problem using the forum is the Team see things in order of posting. However, when people come on to an existing thread with a 'Me Too' post the software sees the original post as being answered and moves it down the list. 

People should start their own threads and they will get answered quicker.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you enill - that is good information to know
0 Kudos