cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 7 Pro spotty data connection

Benkii
Joining in

Hiya,

I've had this problem with my Pixel 5 before but I'm getting the same issue with my Pixel 7 Pro where when my data will be spotty and go from 5g to 4g to H+ to being unable to connect at all. It's driving me nuts! The coverage in my city, Bristol, is really good on the coverage checker, especially in some of the areas where it usually fully cuts out. I find a restart of my phone helps my data come alive again and I don't think it's a phone issue as this was a temporary fix I did with my last phone too. I'm just wondering if there's a network setting besides the default one that can help fix this or perhaps it's a sim card issue? Ideally I would like to get 5G always as my phone is 5G enabled but as I'm typing this I'm on a constant 4g connection despite having preferred network type as 5g. Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Ben

8 REPLIES 8

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Benkii, thanks for your post on our help forum and welcome to our community.

We're here to help, sorry to hear you've been having issues with your mobile signal and coverage.

Can you please advise if you've checked the O2 coverage checker here as we've now switched to O2 network (our new partners) for our mobile customers?

Also, could you please confirm how long you've had this SIM card for and if you've also tested it on a different device to see if the same issue occurs?

Lastly, please kindly see if any area faults have affected you and if this is the reason why your signal is degrading so fast?

Let us know of the above and we're eager to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

I've just checked the O2 coverage checker and apparently my area is experiencing some issues at the moment but this has actually been an ongoing issue I've been having for awhile now, it's probably been going on for almost a couple of years and it's gradually gotten worse. The last SIM I got was in 2020 when I bought my Pixel 5. I haven't been able to try it on another device, that's a bit difficult to do for me right this moment but I'll have to look into it. Could this be a SIM card related issue?

Thanks, Ben

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Benkii 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue

I believe once the mast issues have cleared you should then see a significant improvement in the signal, please do be sure to keep us updated with how you get on

Travis_M
Forum Team

Hi Travis, I'm still not seeing any improvement, I'm still getting H+ in the same areas I pass through on my commutes to and from work as well as Bristol city centre. This issue has been ongoing for awhile now, I'm not sure if this could be a SIM card issue or if Virgin Media just isn't a great provider when it comes to Google Pixel devices.

Thanks, Ben

Hi Ben, 

Sorry to hear you're still having some signal issues.

Are there still issues showing in the area?

Alex_Rm

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best thing to do is find people who have phones that run on the O2 network and see if they have problems in the same places.

Apart from Virgin that is people on Sky Mobile, Tesco Mobile, Giffgaff and O2 themselves.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't really know anyone else who takes the same routes on those networks but the O2 coverage checker for my address and for Bristol city centre when I put Bristol in the address bar shows good outdoor coverage for 5g. There are a few no coverage spots dotted around but for 4g the map it's showing that the 4g is good for outdoor and indoor coverage, in fact the whole map is consistently blue but I'm still getting a very very spotty connection in the same areas that I pass through. 

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Benkii, thanks for all the replies and your updates. 

Sorry to see the problems you're experiencing are ongoing. 
Just to clarify this, has the issue in your area cleared now and you're still experiencing issues with your O2 signal? 

Could you also advise if you've reached O2 faults team to run a few more checks after the problem with our mast has been restored?

Lastly, could you tell us if any other fixes have been attempted since and if so, what have you tried in order to see if the signal problem can get resolved?

Please, share more and we'll be here to assist further where possible.

Adri
Forum Team