cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone scam and account hacked

Crystaltemp
Joining in

Hi

yesterday I received a mobile phone and virgin media SIM card that I did not order.

I called Virgin media and informed them, given a fraud case.

today I tried calling to login to my account and it won’t let me and my login email address has been changed. 

I called virgin media and they give me a new fraud case and won’t accept yesterdays. They won’t let me secure my account or change my log in details. 

Can anyone help on my next steps? I fear my account has been hacked and details changed, they’re ordering phones in order to intercept and steal?

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Crystaltemp,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. To clarify, you've mentioned you've attempted to sign in but have been unable to do so - have you attempted a password reset? Is it the Virgin Mobile section you are attempting to sign in to?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Trying to log into Virgin Media account as I don’t have a mobile account.

It doesn’t recognise my email address and won’t let me log in though. Once I enter security details it shows a partially obscured email address that isn’t mine

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Crystaltemp,

Thanks for popping back with that information. I'm going to send you a private message so we can look into this further for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ