cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone numbers not recognised spaces

uptonjd
Tuning in

ive not been abroad i have an iPhone and my contacts list all changed two Numbers then a space this has happened a few times now to my phone and my wife's both iPhones ,called apple they say that they know about this its virgin ,

simple fix go to settings ,general , language and region ,change to any where not united kingdom then change back to united kingdom all fixed until the next time with out losing all your wifi passwords 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try @R101 fix

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

I found "automatic" was selected by default.

Tap manual -> then choose National.

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You could try @R101 fix

Go to:

Settings -> mobile data -> SIM Applications (near bottom) -> tap "Roaming"  -> tap "Select Mode"

Now make sure your numbers are set to the correct format. If not change region to anything other than UK (Settings -> General -> Language and Region -> Region) and then change back to UK region

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ive done that hope it stops the spaces keep coming back 

I’ve tried changing region as well. Useless. Keeps returning 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you found the fix posted above

Go to:

I contacted Apple seems to be something to do with Virgin